2 chicken breasts finely cut into small pieces
½ cup minced almonds
½ cup crushed walnuts
½ cup pine nuts
¼ cup olive oil
¼ tsp orange peel
¼ cup milk
¼ cup pure honey
3 garlic cloves
¼ tsp vanilla extract
10 saffron petals
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp finely chopped cilantro
¼ tsp anise seeds
¼ tsp fennel seeds
¼ tsp celery seeds
2 thick phyllo dough sheets
1. Sautee chicken in a saucepan with olive oil and garlic at medium heat.
2. Add cumin, black pepper, honey, minced almonds and crushed nuts, saffron, cilantro, anise seeds, fennel seeds, celery seeds.
3. Set aside when chicken is brown and done.
4. Mix milk, 1 egg and cinnamon together in a bowl or cup
5. Cut the 2 phyllo sheets into 18 square pieces. Brush each sheet with #4 mixture.
6. Take 1 tablespoon of #3 and place on each square of 9 phyllo squares.
7. Cover each #6 with squares from #5.
8. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
9. Place stuffed phyllo in a baking sheet with nonstick spray or olive oil.
10. Place in oven and let bake for 15 Minutes or until golden.
11. Occasionally brush outside of pastry with #4.
12. Serves up to 5 people.
This pastry dish can be served in several ways. My favorite is in a bed of blueberry, strawberry or pineapple or banana sauce. Garnish with berries and a couple of mint leaves. This dish can be served as an appetizer or as an entree.
For seafood lovers: chicken can be substituted with shrimp, or fresh crabmeat.
(Add lemon and dill to the list above.) For vegetarians, chicken can be substituted with spinach.
My personal creation.
Copyright © 2003-2012 Tinfou.com All rights reserved. Designed by